Recipe by Donna M.
My children loved this crunchy, sweet snack when they were growing up. I think the recipe originally came off the back of a Cheerios box, but I'm not positive.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup white corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 1 cup Spanish peanut
- 1 cup raisins (dark or golden)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease one 15x10" or two 9x13" pans.
- Put cereal, nuts, and raisins in a greased 4 quart bowl.
- Heat first 4 ingredients in 2 quart saucepan until it begins to bubble; cook 2 minutes longer.
- Stir in soda until foamy and pour over cereal, nuts, and raisins.
- Stir until well coated.
- Spread in prepared pans.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Stir and let stand for 10 minutes to cool.
- Loosen from pan and cool another 30 minutes.
- Break into pieces.