Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My children loved this crunchy, sweet snack when they were growing up. I think the recipe originally came off the back of a Cheerios box, but I'm not positive.
- Grease one 15x10" or two 9x13" pans.
- Put cereal, nuts, and raisins in a greased 4 quart bowl.
- Heat first 4 ingredients in 2 quart saucepan until it begins to bubble; cook 2 minutes longer.
- Stir in soda until foamy and pour over cereal, nuts, and raisins.
- Stir until well coated.
- Spread in prepared pans.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Stir and let stand for 10 minutes to cool.
- Loosen from pan and cool another 30 minutes.
- Break into pieces.
Yum!! My family and I loved this snack! I omitted the peanuts out of personal preference. I thought they'd turn out like bars, but they're not. Still awesome!
I made this for my 19 month old and she can't seem to stop eating it! She and I can come to an agreement about healthy food and sweets with this snack.
I was really surprised at how good and very addictive this is! Made this for a long road trip and we couldn't stop eating it. Will add more nuts next time as we really loved them. Thanks for a great recipe we will make often.