Recipe by Chef ShanChan
A cheesy potatoe casserole that can be served from breakfast to dinner. I use light sour cream to cut back on the calories.
- 1 (32 ounce) packageof country style hash browns (frozen)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 0.5 (13 ounce) bag corn flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cheddar cheese, onion, sour cream, mushroom soup, and frozen hashbrowns in a large bowl (be sure to mix evenly).
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread mixture into casserole dish.
- Crush corn flakes and add an even layer about 1/2 inch thick to the top of the dish.
- Pour small amounts of melted butter over the flakes. (Do not use all of the butter; save some for periodic addition to the dish as it is baking).
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes.