Recipe by logan
This is great quick turkey burger recipe that is really moist and very tasty!
Top Review by Auntrat
These are very easy to make, & tastes great. I don't put the cheese in the mixture, I like it melted over the top. Don't limit yourself to cheddar. I didn't use kaiser rolls, that's just too much bread, they're good in flour tortillas and they're good on wheat buns. I roasted my own red pepper rather than using store bought. I omitted the water from the sauce.
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped (1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 4 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 kaiser rolls
- 1⁄4 cup roasted red pepper, drained and minced
- 1⁄4 cup roasted red peppers packed in oil, drained
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup arugula
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook shallot in oil with salt and pepper over moderate heat until golden, (2 to 3 minutes) then transfer to a bowl. Add turkey and minced red pepper and mix gently but thoroughly.
- Divide turkey into 8 equal mounds. Pat 1 mound into a 4-inch patty and top with 1 ounce of cheese, then put a second mound on top, patting it onto the other patty to seal and shape into a single patty.
- Grill burgers until no longer pink (about 10 minutes total).
- Toast rolls.
- To make the mayonnaise: Puree the roasted red peppers with water, vinegar and salt in a blender, then blend in the mayonnaise.
- Cut the rolls in half horizontally (if necessary) and spread cut sides with roasted red pepper mayonnaise. Serve burgers on rolls with arugula.