Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is a good snack.Different seasonings could be used.
- 2 2⁄3 cups self rising flour
- 12 ounces freshly opened chilled beer
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced scallion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- Heat oven to 375.
- Lightly grease 9 by 5 by3 inch.
- loaf pan.
- Put flour in a med.
- Mix flour with cheddar cheese,scallions and poultry seasoning.
- Add beer and stir until just mixed.
- Scrape into pan.
- Bake 50-55 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack 5 minutes.
Made this and served it at our 4th of July party. I cut the poultry seasoning in half because I thought it might be a little overpowering for our tastes. We love just plain beer bread so it was great to try a little jazzed up version. Very nice.