Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These were presented at a meeting with a great dietician about 6 months ago. I've been making them ever since and my family guessed they were reduced fat!
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Stir in cheese and chopped onions.
- Stir in buttermilk and sour cream until just moist.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a baking sheet and bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes or until edges are golden and tops are slightly brown.
Loved the lower fat, but still so flavorful biscuits!!! I made 1/4 of the recipe, which rendered 2 large biscuits. I made it with the low fat cheddar cheese, 2% buttermilk but had to sub full fat sour cream. Thanks for sharing the recipe and congrats on your win in the football pool!!!