Recipe by Cookin'withGas
This is one of my favorite 'comfort' foods...sure you could prolly stop and skip the oven part but its on a divine NEW level done as Ive written it! Add a nice salad to complete the meal!
- 14.79-29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 425.24 g can corn beef hash or 425.24 g can roast beef hash
- 354.88 ml low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 314.66 ml instant mashed potatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter (or margarine) in a skillet --.
- Add green pepper and onion and saute until tender. Turn off the burner --.
- Crumble the corned beef hash into the same skillet (with a fork) and stir until the onion, pepper and hash are well blended --.
- Stir in 1 cup of the cheddar cheese and then spoon into an 8" oven proof casserole dish --.
- Prepare the instant mashed potatoes per pkg. directions and swirl atop the hash mixture --.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/3 cup cheddar cheese over all and bake in the preheated 350°F oven for 30 minute.
- Variations: use a different cheese such as monterey jack; use real mashed potato instead of the instant (as long as you don't mind the added prep time).