Recipe by TheDessertGoddess
This recipe originally came off a Bisquick box--I have tweaked it to the point where it doesn't resemble what they made at all, LOL! It is a favorite of VERY PICKY kids and DH's, and can be modified for unpicky kids and DH's, LOL!
Top Review by ellie_
Filling easy-to-make dinner perfect for when kids make dinner. My ds made this by himself with just your directions and no other help (ofcourse he skipped the optional vegetables). Thanks for sharing.
- 3 cups Bisquick
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 lb ground beef, browned until no longer pink and drained
- onion powder (or, 1 small onion, finely chopped)
- 1 can cheddar cheese soup
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (optional)
- 6 slices American cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a 9 by 13 inch glass baking pan.
- If using a metal pan, decrease the oven temp to 375 degrees.
- Combine Bisquick, and cheddar cheese, tossing until cheese is coated.
- Add 3/4 c. of milk.
- Dough may be slightly dry, and you can add more milk to make it spreadable.
- Press dough into greased pan, making sure to press it 1/2" up the sides of the pan.
- Set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the beef, onion powder or onion, cheddar cheese soup, veggies if you are using them, and milk.
- Use 1/4 C. milk for no veggies, 1/2 C. milk for the veggie addition.
- Spread the beef mixture over the prepared crust to within 1/2" of the edge.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the crust is nicely browned.
- Remove from oven and top with 6 slices of cheese, setting the slices in two rows of three.
- Return to oven for 1-2 minutes, until slices are just melted.