Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
These little babies are great--we love them. They are quick and easy to make.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease or paper line 12 tin muffin cup pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, pepper, and salt in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, combine milk, oil, and egg until blended. Stir into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Fold in 3/4 cup of cheese and spoon the mix into muffin tins. Sprinkle cheese over top and bake 15 to 20 minutes until light golden brown. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Remove and serve warm.
These muffins were very quick and easy to make. I did use fresh cracked pepper, which probably gave it a little more pepper flavor than the coasrsley ground pepper, but next time, I think I am going to use red pepper or maybe a dash of hot sauce. Can you tell, we like a lot of heat in our food!!!! All in all, a very good recipe. Thanks for posting.
I agree with Kiwii. I thought they were fairly bland. I've made them since, and used a stronger cheese (ie. asiago or romano) and noticed a huge difference.
I just love pepper. I put it on fruit in the morning. When I saw pepper in muffins I just had to try it. Followed the recipe as written except for a lot more (guess what). Really good. Who would have thought of putting pepper into a muffin??