Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A milder option than bleu cheese dressing that my family enjoyed quite a bit! From Cabot Cheese.
Make and share this Cheddar Cheese Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar or 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup cabot sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated cabot extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- In bowl, combine oil, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard and garlic. Whisk together vigorously.
- Fold in sour cream and mayonnaise; whisk again until thoroughly blended.
- Stir in cheese and green onions. Stir in salt and season with pepper.
Really good on a simple green salad. My husband loved it. Used sharp cheddar and balsamic vinegar. Dressing was very thick. The balsamic was good, but somewhat overpowered the other flavors and made the dressing an odd taupe color which wasn't very attractive. I'll try red wine vinegar next time for that reason. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
This was delicious! I didn't make it exactly but plan to in the future; this time I was trying to use up some feta so used that in place of the cheddar and (apple cider) vinegar in place of the lemon juice. Otherwise followed 1/4 the recipe (though I reduced the salt to a pinch because of the feta) and it was awesome on some mixed greens. I'm looking forward to trying it again with the cheddar and lemon! Thanks for posting!