Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From kraftfoods.com. Original recipe didn't use "light" ingredients but we did and it turned out great. Everyone asked for the recipe. Best when warm.
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 red apple, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 green apple, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup walnut pieces, coarsely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, Shredded
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- wheat thins snack cracker
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl.
- Add apples and walnuts; toss until evenly coated. Set aside.
- MIX cream cheese and Cheddar cheese in medium bowl.
- Add sour cream; stir until well blended.
- Spread into 9-inch pie plate; top with apple mixture.
- BAKE 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve warm with crackers.
This is a really unique and tasty dip that we enjoyed! The combination of ingredients may seem a little different, but they really complement each other nicely I think. This dip is very good with the recommended Wheat Thins. I will use this again. Made for Photo Tag.