Love these cookies in our family. Looks pretty on your Christmas cookie platter. You can color the white part red and/or green.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter and sugar.
- 2Add egg vanilla and flour.
- 3Remove dough from mixer and divide in half.
- 4Add cocoa to one half.
- 5At this point, you can divide the white dough in half and color red, green or whatever with a few drops of food coloring.
- 6Roll dough between two sheets of plastic wrap into 7 inch squares, around 3/8" thick.
- 7Slice into 9 3/4 inch wide strips.
- 8Alternate colors, stacking 3 layers into checkerboard design. Wrap log in plastic. Make second log with reverse color pattern.
- 9Chill logs 30 minutes in refrigerator or 15 minutes in freezer.
- 10Preheat oven to 350°.
- 11Slice logs into 1/4" cookies and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- 12Cool two minutes on tray before removing to cooling rack.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Checkerboard Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (16 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 76.2
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 14.0 mg
- Sodium 35.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 0.9 g