Recipe by MarraMamba
A traditional tatar or (tartar) dish with coriander, i see no reason why they can't be baked as well.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3⁄4 lb lean lamb, finely ground
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons cooked rice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour with eggs and milk, salt and oil until a soft dough forms. Knead on floured surface until dough is elastic.
- Melt the butter and oil in a heavy skillet over high heat. Just as butter starts to brown, add the ground lamb. Mashing the meat constantly with a fork to break up lumps cook until light brown (5 mins or so).
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and toss it iwth the parsley, coriander, salt and rice. Cool to room temperature.
- On a lightly floured surface roll the dough until it is about 1/8th of an inch thick. Lift it over the back of your hands and spread your hands gently until it is almost paper thin. Lay it flat and cut 76 rounds of 2 1/2 inches. Top half of the rounds with a tsp of filling, flatten it and cover with another round, sealing it with a fork. Coat with the beaten egg to seal.
- Heat oil in a fryer until it reaches 375 degrees. Fry for two to three minutes until browned. Drain and serve hot.