Recipe by -Sylvie-
I got this from a supermarket leaflet about cooking with cheese, so easy! Cooking time includes cooling and chilling time.
Top Review by mommytwolove
Sylvie, Since you are in the UK, is the custard an "egg custard", like in egg custard tarts, or what seems to the "ordinary" custard in the UK, the corn-flour variety like Bird's (and other brand names). I won't make the recipe until I know which it is. I can get both variety here in Washington state USA and don't want to waste $ on the wrong thing.
- 250 g mascarpone
- 425 g custard (ready made)
- 4 teaspoons Tia Maria or 4 teaspoons coffee liqueur
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 350 ml water
- 100 g sponge cake fingers, cut into chunks
- cocoa powder, to sprinkle
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the water and dissolve the coffee in it.
- Set aside to cool.
- Beat the mascarpone and custard together.
- Stir the Tia Maria into the coffee and dip sponge chunks into the liquid.
- Divide a third of the mixture into four serving dishes.
- Spoon over a third of the mascarpone/custard mix, and keep layering, finishing with the mascarpone/custard mix.
- Sprinkle with cocoa and chill for 1 hour.