Recipe by ElaineAnn
A tasty casserole that can be made in advance.
Top Review by Outta Here
Excellent potato casserole! I only did half the recipe. Very much like another mashed potato dish I used to make that was loaded with sour cream. Liked the cottage cheese in this. (The curds mostly melt into the potatoes) My slivered almonds in the cupboard somehow morphed into sliced almonds :) so that is what I used. Served as a side to your Recipe #399884. Made for Spring 2010 PAC.
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and boiled
- 3 cups cottage cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash potatoes and mix in cottage cheese, sour cream, onion powder, salt, and pepper until smooth.
- Spoon into a 2 1/2-quart casserole that has been sprayed with Pam or greased with butter.
- Top with melted butter and slivered almonds.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- This can be made in advance and heated later.