Recipe by MSMD310
A delicious and easy weekday meal. A little bit spicy, but you can adjust the seasonings to your taste. I have been making this about once a week since I discovered it! The recipe was from the Alsaka seafood fishery- published in an advertisement.
Top Review by Benster
Fantastic! This has become a firm favourite of ours and I always play around with quantities of spices to give slightly different results. One tip: Don't leave it on the griddle whilst answering the telephone, I nearly burnt the house down!! :o)
- 4 -6 salmon fillets, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons oil
Dry Sugar Rub
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄2 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 pinch cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- belnd all ingredients for Dry Sugar Rub.
- Generously coat ONLY one side of each skinnless fillet with rub.
- Heat oil in a heavy pan over high heat.
- Carefully place salmon in pan- seasoned side down.
- Cook 2 minutes to sear, then turn over fillets.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking 6-8 minutes until just opaque throughout.