Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
A wonderful tasty salad that is easy to prepare. Can be made for a party or just an easy week night salad. Came off a blog site.
- Start with radishes. After washing and trimming leaves/tails, slice very thin.
- Slice shallots thin and put radishes and shallots in a bowl.
- In a small saucepan stir together water, vinegar, sugar and salt.
- Heat until boils then remove from heat.
- Put vinegar mixture into bowl with radishes and shallots. Stir and set in fridge until ready to use.
- For the dressing, mix together buttermilk, sour cream, 1 Tbsp vinegar, and season with salt and pepper.
- Rinse lettuce. Cut head into half lengthwise.
- Brush with vegetable oil.
- Grill for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove radishes from fridges and drain liquid from the bowl.
- Rough chop the lettuce and spread on a platter. Top with radish mixture and drizzle dressing over top.