Prep 7 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy light fluffy icing. Firm enough to pipe a border around a cake, yet soft enough to fluff up. I have made this for several wedding cakes, topping with white chocolate curls. A pretty addition to this is to dip strawberries in the white chocolate and place around the cake. Or add food coloring and use in a multitude of ways. I used this icing over the weekend to make a layered blue cake with "whitecaps" and added duckies to match the "Blue Baby Shower Punch" 114506. It was a huge success.
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (3 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- Mix sour cream and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Add Cool Whip and instant pudding. Beat on low-medium speed for 5 minutes. Do not overbeat as icing will separate.
- Spread on cake, keep in refrigerator.
- This makes enough to ice a 10" 2 layer cake.
This is a true winner!! Perfect when you don't want an overly sweet recipe!! Very well received at a dinner party I had yesterday!! Thank You for such a wonderful and tasty recipe!!