Recipe by True Texas
ABC NEWS' anchorman Charlie Gibson shared this easy and tasty recipe with the viewers of Good Morning America during the "Family Cook-Off" contest. It was voted the winner by the viewers and it's become a favorite for us, too.
Top Review by sosiboys
We love this recipe and have been making it since it came out in 2002. Its easy, convenient and tasty. Matter of fact I am running to the store right now to buy all the ingredients to make. Very flavorful. Thanks!
- 1 (13 ounce) packagetaco flavor Doritos (save 2 cups for casserole topping)
- 2 tablespoons onions, grated
- 1 (10 ounce) can chili with beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups Doritos
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream (less if you want, or low-fat)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 375 degrees.
- Crumble 6 cups of Doritos with your hands into a large mixing bowl.
- Add onion, chili, enchilada sauce, tomato sauce and 1 -1/2 cups cheddar cheese to the crumbled Doritos. Stir with a rubber spatula to combine.
- Place mixture into a 8 1/2 x 11 inch oven proof casserole dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 375.
- Remove from oven and spread the sour cream over the top of the casserole with a large spoon or rubber spatula. Top with remaining Doritos. Then add about a 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Bake for another 5 minutes.