ABC NEWS' anchorman Charlie Gibson shared this easy and tasty recipe with the viewers of Good Morning America during the "Family Cook-Off" contest. It was voted the winner by the viewers and it's become a favorite for us, too.
- 1 (13 ounce) packagetaco flavor Doritos (save 2 cups for casserole topping)
- 2 tablespoons onions, grated
- 1 (10 ounce) can chili with beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups Doritos
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream (less if you want, or low-fat)
- Preheat oven 375 degrees.
- Crumble 6 cups of Doritos with your hands into a large mixing bowl.
- Add onion, chili, enchilada sauce, tomato sauce and 1 -1/2 cups cheddar cheese to the crumbled Doritos. Stir with a rubber spatula to combine.
- Place mixture into a 8 1/2 x 11 inch oven proof casserole dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 375.
- Remove from oven and spread the sour cream over the top of the casserole with a large spoon or rubber spatula. Top with remaining Doritos. Then add about a 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Bake for another 5 minutes.
This sounds sooooooooo good!!!!!!! Think I will add cooked chicken.
We love this recipe and have been making it since it came out in 2002. Its easy, convenient and tasty. Matter of fact I am running to the store right now to buy all the ingredients to make. Very flavorful. Thanks!
I made this after seeing it talked about on GMA. I dont know what the fuss is about....entire family did not care for it. I could not find Taco Flavored chips so I just used plain Doritos. Followed the other directions exactly. This was a waste of ingredients..will not be making it again.