1/2 Photos of Charlie Gibson's Enchilada Casserole
True Texas's Note:
ABC NEWS' anchorman Charlie Gibson shared this easy and tasty recipe with the viewers of Good Morning America during the "Family Cook-Off" contest. It was voted the winner by the viewers and it's become a favorite for us, too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (13 ounce) package taco flavor Doritos (save 2 cups for casserole topping)
- 2 tablespoons onions, grated
- 1 (10 ounce) can chili with beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1Preheat oven 375 degrees.
- 2Crumble 6 cups of Doritos with your hands into a large mixing bowl.
- 3Add onion, chili, enchilada sauce, tomato sauce and 1 -1/2 cups cheddar cheese to the crumbled Doritos. Stir with a rubber spatula to combine.
- 4Place mixture into a 8 1/2 x 11 inch oven proof casserole dish.
- 5Bake for 30 minutes at 375.
- 6Remove from oven and spread the sour cream over the top of the casserole with a large spoon or rubber spatula. Top with remaining Doritos. Then add about a 1/2 cup of cheddar cheese.
- 7Bake for another 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Charlie Gibson's Enchilada Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 685.4
- Calories from Fat 373
- Total Fat 41.5 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 68.3 mg
- Sodium 1763.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 20.4 g