Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
My friend Chantel makes one of the best biscottie I have tried. I have bought biscotti at the grocery stores and some of the coffee shops and it doesn't compare. this is a simple recipe that is easy to make and tastes second to none! Thanks Chantel.... Also as optionals you can add 1 tsp vanilla, an extra 1/2 cup cranberries, rind of one orange and/or decrease sugar by 1/4 cup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup almonds or 1 cup hazelnuts or 1 cup pistachios
- 4 tablespoons port wine or 4 tablespoons sherry wine or 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- Soak cranberries in 4 tablespoons of port, sherry, or maple syrup
- Blend sugar and butter.
- Scramble the eggs until foamy then add to sugar & butter mixture.
- Add cranberries, and nuts (almonds, hazelnuts or pistachios) to mixture.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix well.
- Form 2 loaves and place on greased cookie sheet and bake in 375'F oven for 20 minutes. let cool.
- Cut into 1 inch slices and bake another 15 mins.
- Keep in airtight container or freezer.