Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
quick, easy and delicious, this is a wonderful week night meal
- 1⁄2 lb vermicelli
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1 cup champagne
- 1⁄3 cup capers
- salt and pepper
- 16 large shrimp
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- prepare vermicelli according to package directions.
- in a skillet heat butter and garlic.
- add tomatoes, pine nuts and 1/4 c champagne, cook for 3 minutes.
- add capers, salt, pepper, shrimp and lemon juice, cook for 3 minutes.
- add remaining champagne, bring to a boil and reduce to thicken.
- drain vermicelli, add to skillet, stir, sprinkle with fresh parsley.
Chia, this is so Yummy, I did make a couple of changes. I didn't want to open up a bottle of champagne for a cup so I used white wine. Also used sundried tomatoes as I forgot to get plum tomatoes at the store. It was VERY, VERY good. Can hardley wait to eat the let overs for lunch. Thank you for posting the recipe.
Excellent, easy and quick! I only added a finely chopped onion and dry toasted the pine nuts which I sprinkled over the dish at the end together with the parsley! Thanks Chia!!