Recipe by chia
quick, easy and delicious, this is a wonderful week night meal
Top Review by Barb G.
Chia, this is so Yummy, I did make a couple of changes. I didn't want to open up a bottle of champagne for a cup so I used white wine. Also used sundried tomatoes as I forgot to get plum tomatoes at the store. It was VERY, VERY good. Can hardley wait to eat the let overs for lunch. Thank you for posting the recipe.
- 1⁄2 lb vermicelli
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1 cup champagne
- 1⁄3 cup capers
- salt and pepper
- 16 large shrimp
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- prepare vermicelli according to package directions.
- in a skillet heat butter and garlic.
- add tomatoes, pine nuts and 1/4 c champagne, cook for 3 minutes.
- add capers, salt, pepper, shrimp and lemon juice, cook for 3 minutes.
- add remaining champagne, bring to a boil and reduce to thicken.
- drain vermicelli, add to skillet, stir, sprinkle with fresh parsley.