Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Delicious puree of fruit which is lovely with Champagne or a sprakling wine. Great for when you are drinking at a party for brunch or lunch as you are not drinking as much alcohol. I suppose the types of fruit you could use are endless with this recipe. It is alittle hard to estimate prep/cooking time as the recipe will explain. ;-)
For sugar syrup
- 1 1⁄4 kg caster sugar
- 1 liter water
For peach champagne fruit puree
- 500 g tinned peaches (825g tin, drained)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 300 ml sugar syrup
For strawberry or raspberry champagne fruit puree
- 250 g raspberries or 250 g strawberries
- 100 ml orange juice
- 200 ml sugar syrup
- champagne or sparkling wine, to serve
- To make sugar syrup (which must be made in advance and allowed to cool before adding puree mixture).
- Place sugar and water in a saucepan. Stir to dissolve sugar and then bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and allow to cool. Store in a container in the fridge (it will keep at least a month).
- For a peach champagne fruit puree ~
- Puree peaches, lemon juice and sugar syrup until smooth, pass through a fine sieve. Pour a little puree into the bottom of a glass and top with your favourite champagne or sparkling wine.
- Raspberry champagne fruit puree ~.
- Puree raspberries or strawberries, orange juice and sugar syrup until smooth then pass through a fine sieve. Pour sparkling wine into a glass until it is two-thirds full. Add about 30ml of puree to each glass and top with a little more wine before serving.