- 4 plain croissants
- 1⁄4 lb smoked salmon
- 2 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 4 -8 fresh chives, snipped
- black pepper, to season
- 1 lemon
- 1 bottle of your favourite champagne, chilled
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Slice the croissants in half lengthways and warm in the oven for 4 minutes.
- Cut the smoked salmon in strips.
- Spread each croissant with the cream cheese and fill generously with the smoked salmon.
- Add some chives and season with black pepper.
- Cut the lemon into thin wedges and use to garnish the croissants.
- Serve at once with a glass of chilled champagne!