Top Review by devnzac
mmmm... just like the Chalupa grandma makes. I threw this in the crockpot at 9pm for dinner the next day... and darn it... I woke up to the smell of Chalupa and had some for breakfast. This is best served over chips with cheese, lettuce, avocado, onion... whatever you would normally put on nachos. Remember if you are using a crock pot you will probably have to cook it double the time.
- 3 lbs pork roast, trimmed of all fat
- 1 lb pinto beans, washed
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients in a large pot, or crockpot and cover with water.
- Simmer over low heat, adding water if needed.
- After 6 hours, remove bones and break up roast.
- Continue cooking with lid off till thick.
- Serve on tostada shells or tortillas (burro style) with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes and onions.
- Chalupa freezes perfectly!