Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
What a nice (and EASY!) gift to give at the holidays or any time of the year! Uses dry ingredients (like powdered instant iced tea mix) that are easily found at the grocery store. I put my mix in a pretty glass container and tie with a ribbon with an instruction card attached. Each recipe makes about 4 servings.
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1⁄2 cup powdered vanilla coffee creamer (dry)
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened instant tea (dry)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- Mix all together and place in pretty airtight container and attach these instructions: For each serving, place 3 to 4 heaping teaspoons mix in a cup.
- Fill with 8 ounces very hot water.
- For creamier chai, use half milk and half water.
Ok Sarafish, I thought I had reviewed this back in December, but I guess I forgot. I made this to give away as gifts, and to keep in my house. I am on my second batch, I have it at least once a day. This is the closest that I have come to the stuff you buy at the store premade. The only thing different I added was a pinch of powdered ginger. Thanks for the recipe.
A delicious and very easy gift mix. Great taste. I did put all ingredients in food processor and blended to a fine powder (so you coudn't see the powdered milk). Thanks for a very good recipe!
I made the recipe as is only I left out the powdered sugar. I also used fat free French Vanilla flavored coffee creamer. After tasting it I thought it was too sweet and it had too much spice taste to it so I added another 1/4 cup of tea and 1/2 cup of powdered milk to the mixture and it tasted better to me. If you like really sweet stuff... make the recipe as is.. if not, adding the extra tea and powdered milk helped to cut down on that sweetness. I would certainly add a jar of this to a home-made gift basket. Thanks for the idea.