Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Finally, a cookie based on my favorite drink! Found through cooksrecipes.com, I believe this is a Nestle recipe. Use all fresh spices (grind in a coffee grinder or a mortar and pestle) for an amazing kick. I've altered the spices to my personal taste...
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup nestea unsweetened instant tea
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar or 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly grease baking sheets.
- Combine flour, cardamom, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, peper and salt in small bowl. Beat brown sugar, granulated sugar and butter in small mixer bowl until combined. Beat in Nestea, egg and vanilla extract until creamy. Gradually stir in flour mixture. Drop by rounded teaspoon onto prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake for 9 to 10 minutes or until centers are set and edges are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
I made these as part of my Christmas Cookie platter this past season and they were the First to Go! Everybody LOVED them, especially me! :) Thanks for this wonderful spicy recipe!