My friend's mom owns a yakiniku resteraunt but she also cooks various other foods. This is her chahan recipe. She really uses chashaorou (chaashuu) but I don't know the word in English, but she said Bacon is okay too. If you like green peas, you can add 2 tbsps. (I don't like green peas, that's why I didn't add them into the ingredients list). Use how ever much olive oil, salt, and pepper you think you need.
- Chop the onions into small cube pieces. Dice the chashaorou/bacon and carrots
- Fry the harder stuff first (onions, carrots, etc.)
- Heat the frying pan, pour in the olive oil.
- Then put the raw egg into the pan with the olive oil.
- Before the egg becomes cooked, put in the warm rice, have the stovetop at medium heat.
- Mix and cook/fry the rice and egg together (in a wok is best).
- Add the long green onion, chashaorou/bacon, carrots and if you would like to - green peas as well.
- Add 1 tbsp soy sauce and mix it up.
- Add 1 tbsp of sake and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix it up a little more and it's ready to eat!