One of my very favorite cookbooks is a private printing done by some really neat ladies from Baton Rouge. One of them who had approved of my D.BTaGBs presented me with a signed copy. The book was C'est Si Bon, the best of Baton Rouge. The ladys were GREAT cooks. This is one of theirs. Do have it with some rice and greens.
- Marinade the filets in the oil, vinegar, lime juice mix for half an hour or so.
- Use a Glass or Stainless Steel bowl.
- Turn them gently to coat well.
- Put a good layer of the Onion Bell Pepper slices in the bottom of a baking dish.
- Lay the fillets on top.
- Cover with another layer of the Onion and Bell Pepper slices.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 40 minutes.
- Uncover, pour off the liquid.
- Dot well with the softened butter.
- Splash with a bit more White Wine Vinegar.
- Put under the Broiler for a few moments to lightly brown.