1/2 Photos of C'est Si Bon Smothered Fish Bake
T. Woolfe's Note:
One of my very favorite cookbooks is a private printing done by some really neat ladies from Baton Rouge. One of them who had approved of my D.BTaGBs presented me with a signed copy. The book was C'est Si Bon, the best of Baton Rouge. The ladys were GREAT cooks. This is one of theirs. Do have it with some rice and greens.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Marinade the filets in the oil, vinegar, lime juice mix for half an hour or so.
- 2Use a Glass or Stainless Steel bowl.
- 3Turn them gently to coat well.
- 4Put a good layer of the Onion Bell Pepper slices in the bottom of a baking dish.
- 5Lay the fillets on top.
- 6Cover with another layer of the Onion and Bell Pepper slices.
- 7Cover tightly with foil.
- 8Bake at 400 degrees F for 40 minutes.
- 9Uncover, pour off the liquid.
- 10Dot well with the softened butter.
- 11Splash with a bit more White Wine Vinegar.
- 12Put under the Broiler for a few moments to lightly brown.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for C'est Si Bon Smothered Fish Bake
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1232.0
- Calories from Fat 997
- Total Fat 110.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 99.0 mg
- Sodium 148.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 43.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar