A beautiful presentation when filled with steamed or creamed vegetables or fish. A delicious side from the Wisconsin Chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash celery roots; pare and cut into cubes.
- 2Cook in boiling water to which 1 teaspoon salt has been added for 15 minutes.
- 3Drain and mash.
- 4Preheat oven to 350F and butter a ring mold.
- 5Whip egg whites to stiff peaks and lightly beat the yolks in a separate bowl.
- 6Add beaten egg yolks, remaining salt, pepper, paprika and cream.
- 7Mix thoroughly; fold in egg whites.
- 8Pour mixture into ring mold, place in a pan of hot water, and bake 30 to 45 minutes or until firm to the touch.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Celery Root (Celeriac) Ring
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 88.1
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 154.2 mg
- Sodium 636.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: