Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is from my slow cooker cook book. We enjoyed this.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- poultry seasoning
- 4 ounces American cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (6 ounce) box chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter (melted)
- place chicken in sprayed crock pot
- sprinkle each breast with seasoning.
- place a slice of cheese on each.
- combine soup and sour cream in a saucepan and heat through enough to be well blended
- spoon over chicken.
- sprinkle stuffing mix on top
- drizzle melted butter evenly over stuffing.
- cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours (i found five hours to long in my crock pot so i would try four.).
I am disapointed there are no more reviews on this great recipe. The only change I made was to leave the cheese off and I use chicken thighs instead of breast. I have a private daycare and my 'Moms' love to smell the great smells coming from the kitchen! I then share the recipes with them. This has also been one of their favorites too. Try it- it's really good and so simple!
I used my crock pot for this recipe and cooked on low for about 4 hours. Lightly browned the chicken in olive oil than placed in my crock with the rest of the ingredients. Instead of American cheese slices I sprinkled shredded mild cheddar cheese on the chicken. Used Stove Top stuffing mix and served with mashed potatoes and gravy. This was very good but just a bit to salty for us. Made and reviewed for the Election Tag 2008.