Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a recipe that our family received when my cousin worked on Grand Cayman Island. It is a favorite at family gatherings.
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 32 Ritz crackers (just one single tube)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, cut into pats
- Season chicken lightly.
- Boil until done and then cool enough to debone.
- Place the chicken in an ungreased 9 x 13 pan.
- In a blender or food processor, blend cream cheese and soup.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over the chicken.
- Melt the butter and pour it over the soup mix.
- Crush the crackers and sprinkle over chicken mixture to completely cover.
- Place pats of butter over the crackers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until bubbly and browned.
- NOTE: I usually double this recipe especially the cream cheese and soup to make it creamier.
- I also mix the cream cheese mixture with the chicken because I think it tastes better that way.
- You may also substitute chicken breasts, leg quarters, etc -- for the whole chicken.
- I use turkey breasts or leftover Thanksgiving turkey for this also.