Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a favorite with my grandkids because it tastes like a pizza lasagna.
- 0.5 (16 ounce) package medium noodles
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 1 (8 ounce) jar pizza sauce
- 0.5 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄4 lb pepperoni slice
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- garlic powder
- Boil 1/2 bag of medium noodles.
- Brown one pound hamburger and one pound sausage.
- Drain noodles and in a bowl mix hamburger, sausage; mix in one jar pizza sauce and half a jar spaghetti sauce.
- Grease a baking dish with butter; (only a thin coat). Spoon in 1/2 meat mixture. Top with noodles. Top with pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, and sharp cheddar cheese. Top with rest of meat mixture.
- On top of that sprinkle lightly with garlic powder. Put in oven on 350ºF and bake until cheese melts.
Made this a few weeks agoas written. It was o.k. I did add more cheese. It was a little greasey for my taste. Will try again with turkey sausage, and play with some seasoning. Good base recipe just next time i'm tweak it for my families taste. Thanks for the post
I thought it was very good. I added onions and garlic just because, well, I love 'em. I also used turkey pepperoni and ground turkey in place of the ground beef to make it a little more healthy. I made some for my daughter and her family and saved a little for my husband and me. My DH (he's the healthy one) turned up his nose (but went back for seconds! go figure?). But the rest of us thought it was great! I will make it again for the kids in the family.
This was good, although not sure if I would use egg noodles for this next time, I used Kittencal's Pizza Sauce for this, and also Seasoning for Gound Pork (Italian-Style Sausage) in place of the Italian sausages and also adjusted the ingredient amounts, I also added in in a green bell pepper too, my DH and DS both enjoyed it! thanks lazyme!...Kitten:)