1/1 Photo of Cauliflower Parmesan Salad Basilico
1 hr 20 mins
I rearranged the furniture in this recipe. Original Basilico Salad has rice or pasta instead of cauliflower, but since this was taken from a carb-counting cookbook, it all makes sense now. From 500 Low Carb Recipes' cookbook which I just realized belongs to Mom and I borrowed the copy last summer. Perhaps I'll prepare this salad for Mom as a peace offering. Once romanesco and broccoflower become available at the farmers' market, there are major plans in the works to try them in this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 head cauliflower (or equivalent amount of romanesco or broccoflower)
- 15 grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 12 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped (or any strong flavored olive)
- 1/3 lb imported parmesan cheese, shaved
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced small
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (to taste)
- 1/4 cup pesto sauce (homemade is preferred or the best store bought)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- salt, to taste
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1Blanch the cauliflower until tender-crisp. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking process. Allow to cool.
- 2Transfer the cooled cauliflower to a salad bowl and add the grape tomatoes, olives, parmesan, and onion. Toss well.
- 3In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, pesto, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- 4Pour the dressing over the cauliflower mixture and toss.
- 5Allow salad to sit for 1 hour to allow flavors to blend.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower Parmesan Salad Basilico
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.6
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 26.5 mg
- Sodium 576.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 13.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar