Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 small tomatoes, peeled & chopped
- 4 ounces chopped canned green chilies
- In large nonstick skillet heat oil.
- Saute garlic and onions until onions are limp remove from heat.
- In saucepan steam cauliflower with water and lemon juice, until just tender, drain.
- Add cauliflower to skillet with garlic/onions, add tomatoes and chilis.
- Sprinkle with seasonings and salt, toss lightly to coat.
- Cover and cook gently for 15-20 minutes until cauliflower is tender.
- Put into serving dish, sprinkle with cilantro, serve.
Loved this dish! I cooked the cauliflower for a shorter time because we like it a little more on the firm side, other than that I followed the recipe. The flavor combinations were delicious and it was so simple. My DH and I ate almost the whole recipe. This will be the way I will make cauliflower from now on!