Prep 5 mins
Cook 22 mins
Cheese and bread crumbs add a tasty crunch to a veggie casserole.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes, cut into strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can green chilies, chopped and drained
- 2 (10 ounce) packagesfrozen cauliflower, in cheese flavored sauce thawed (Green Giant Brand)
- 1⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat oven to 400°F
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in medium skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Add tomatoes, garlic and green chiles; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally.
- Spread in bottom of ungreased 9 or 10-inch quiche dish or glass pie pan.
- Top with cauliflower in cheese sauce.
- In small bowl, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and remaining 2 tablespoons oil; mix well.
- Sprinkle over cauliflower mixture.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 to 22 minutes or until edges are bubbly and bread crumbs are golden brown.
Made as written, though I cut back to half the sun-dried tomatoes. Also liked the addition of the green chilies in this. Made for a nice side dish to dinner. Made for Holiday Tag.
Wow - this is terrific! I thought this dish would be good but it really exceeded my expectations. I skipped the oil to lighten this up a bit, and used a thinly sliced red bell pepper instead of the sundried tomatoes. The green chilis are great here, very nice with the cheesy cauliflower. Loved this - thanks for sharing the recipe!
This is a very interesting way to prepare cauliflower. I love cauliflower and am always looking for new ways to prepare it. This was quite good, liked the additional of the green chiles and the topping. Both me and my husband did not care for the sun-dried tomatoes, mabye next time I will try ripe tomatoes instead.