Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
A nice soup for a cold day.
- 20 g butter
- 2 medium yellow onions, chopped coarsely
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 kg cauliflower, chopped coarsely
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 (420 g) can creamed corn
Bacon and Chive Pancakes
- 2 bacon, rashers chopped finely
- 110 g self-raising flour
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 125 ml milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- Heat butter in a large pan; cook onion, stirring until soft.
- Add flour; cook, stirring 1 minute.
- Add cauliflower and stock, bring to boil; simmer, covered about 30 minutes or until cauliflower is soft.
- Blend or process the mixture, in batches until puréed.
- Return chowder to pan, stir in the corn; stir until hot.
- Serve with the Pancakes.
- BACON & CHIVE PANCAKES: Cook bacon, stirring in a medium heated pan until browned and crisp, drain on absorbent paper.
- Place the flour in a bowl and gradually whisk in combined eggs and milk until mixture is smooth; stir in the bacon and chives.
- Reheat the same pan the bacon was cooked in and pour in 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake, cook until browned lightly on each side.
- Repeat until all batter is used.