Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from recipe gold mine.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add cauliflower and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Drain and place in a 2-quart casserole dish.
- In a small bowl combine butter, Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, salt and red pepper flakes.
- Sprinkle mixture over casserole and top with Cheddar cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
I used Italian bread crumbs,a little basil sprinkled on top and a dash of cayenne pepper I also tossed the cauliflower in two tblsp. olive oil in the casserole dish, sprinkled a little salt over the vege and then the cheese, crumbs and basil and cayenne. I eliminated the margerine.Delicious and lower in fat content.Thanks for posting.
i like butter but a whole stick was way too much for me. would've been better with less butter and a little milk or cream.
Yummy cauliflower! The crushed red pepper gives it a nice "bite" (I only used half the amount so the kiddos could handle it). I used butter instead of margarine. Thanx for posting this. I'll make this again.