Recipe by Diana McNaughton
I made this recipe up based on a cauliflower soup recipe and expanded it to a cabonara in an attempt to get my kids to eat vegies. It is also a low fat tasty meal for Mum and Dad.
- 1 medium onion
- 300 g cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon vegetable stock powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 60 g low fat tasty cheese, grated
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 240 g pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta to your liking.
- Spray a saucepan with oil spray and saute onion add cauliflower, stock powder and water bring to boil then simmer until cooked (approx 15min).
- Use blender to puree mixture to make a sauce add grated cheese and milk.
- In a separate frypan fry bacon to your liking and add to sauce.
- Add cooked pasta and serve.