Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A delicious vegetable broth that works well for soup stock, casseroles, or crockpot inventions. From The Vegetarian Gourmet. Reserve the cauliflower and serve as a side dish. Freezes well.
- 1 medium cauliflower, whole
- 8 cups water
- 1 medium onion (or 1 Tbsp onion powder)
- 2 garlic cloves (or 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- In covered soup pot, cook cauliflower with remaining ingredients until tender, approximately 20 minutes.