Here's a good winter soup that's not hard to make at all. The cheesy toasties on the side are a special treat and if you use Colman's mustard they'll have quite a bite!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 8 slices bacon
- 3 -4 small potatoes, chopped
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 pint vegetable stock
- 1/2 pint milk
For the mustard toasties
- 1Heat the oil in a large pan.
- 2Add the onion and fry for a couple minutes.
- 3Slice three of the rashers into strips and add to the pan, then stir in the potatoes and cauliflower.
- 4Mix well.
- 5Add the stock and bring to the boil.
- 6Cover and simmer for 15 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- 7Purée the soup in a blender or food processor, then return to the pan and stir in the milk.
- 8Reheat gently, taste and add salt and pepper.
- 9Meanwhile, grill the remaining bacon until crisp, then cut into small pieces.
- 10Just before you are ready to serve the soup, toast the bread on one side under the grill or in a toaster oven.
- 11Spread the mustard over the untoasted sides and sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- 12Grill again until the cheese is melted and golden.
- 13Serve big bowls of soup sprinkled with the grilled bacon pieces and cheese toasties on the side.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower Bacon Soup with Mustard Cheese Toasties
Serving Size: 1 (484 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 914.8
- Calories from Fat 388
- Total Fat 43.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 70.8 mg
- Sodium 1479.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 31.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: