Recipe by catxx
LOVE this bread...an experiment that worked! It's great fresh from the oven, or sliced and grilled for extra crunch....Serve with spicy casseroles and chillis to mop up flavoursome sauces.
Top Review by Kathy228
I liked it. It had a nice texture, was moist, and was very easy to make. I added 1/2 tsp. salt which was the only change I made. Next time I make it, I'll add a tablespoon of sugar to sweeten it up a bit. Thanks for a nice cornbread recipe, catxx.
- 1 cup polenta (cornmeal)
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 egg whites, beaten lightly
- 1⁄2 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1 (130 g) can creamed corn
- 6 drops Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Grease rectangular baking tin with olive oil spray, and line with paper.
- Sift flour and baking powder into large bowl, then mix in polenta and black pepper.
- Rinse (if in oil)& roughly chop sundried tomatoes, and stir into dry ingredients.
- Beat oil into egg whites, then add soy milk and Tabasco.
- Pour liquid ingredients into dry, add creamed corn and mix well.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin, smooth top and bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown on top.