Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Good dip for taco chips, a family recipe of my wife's. Our family likes tomatoes so we go a little overboard with those, and with the cheddar cheese.
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning
- Allow cream cheese to warm and soften.
- Mix sour cream, cream cheese and taco seasoning in a bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Spread the mixture evenly across a 14" or 16" platter, or a cookie sheet works well for this, too.
- Sprinkle lettuce and tomatoes evenly on top of the mixture.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top of that.
- Serve with your favorite taco chips.
Love this dip! Havee been making it for years. I also use black olives in the topping.
Was going to post my recipe but this one is almost the same. We also use 8 oz. taco sauce by spreading over cream cheese mixture. We also use 1 green pepper diced. Very nice cold appetizer. (can also have a refied bean layer on bottom if desired)
so easy to make! on top of the cream cheese/sour cream mixture i put a layer of salsa and chopped jalepenos, then followed the rest of the directions! great easy appetizer made from common ingredients!