Prep 30 mins
Cook 17 mins
I found this recipe in a cookie and bar cookbook. Posted for safe keeping. Cooking time does NOT include chilling and freezing time. UPDATE I made these cookies for a cookie exchange! Easy easy easy!! I tripled the recipe and had plenty of cookies for my Christmas trays also!!
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 cups colored miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (recommended pecans or walnuts)
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- In a heavy saucepan, melt chocolate chips and butter over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Stir a small amount into the egg, then return all to pan.
- Cook and stir over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a bowl; let cool for 15 minutes.
- Gently stir in marshmallows and nuts.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- On a sheet of waxed paper, shape dough into a 1 1/2 inch diameter log.
- Place coconut on another sheet of waxed paper.
- Gently roll log over coconut to coat sides.
- Wrap up tightly, twisting ends to seal.
- Freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove waxed paper.
- Cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.