Chianti Braised Short Ribs Crock Pot
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Found in Everyday with Rachael Ray March/2009. It is recommended to eat with fried polenta. Posted for safe keeping!! update: I made this recipe last week end...served it with polenta...DH went wild for it! Delicious and Rich!
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 40mins
- 8 beef short ribs, on the bone
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 cups chianti wine
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- Season the short ribs with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over med high heat.
- Working in batches, add the ribs and cook, turning often, until browned, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a large slow cooker.
- Pour off all but 1 tbls fat from the skillet.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook, scraping up any browned bits, until slightly softened, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the wine and tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Transfer the mixture to the slow cooker and cook on low heat until tender, about 6 hours.
- Transfer the ribs to a platter and cover to keep warm.
- Strain the cooking liquid into a large measuring cup and skim off as much fat as possible from the surface.
- Transfer to a saucepan, bring to a boil and cook until reduced to about 1 cup.
- Whisk in the tomato paste and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the sauce over the ribs.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Fabulous!!! I doubled the recipe and had my parents over. Served it with mashed Yukon Gold potatoes and a warm crusty bread. My kids devoured this meal, my dad took most of the leftovers home with him and my poor husband wants me to make it again already. Really good recipe. Definately a keeper!!Reply