Recipe by Chef PotPie
If I remember correctly, I got this recipe from the Graham Kerr TV show, you know the Galloping Gourmet who went to healthy cooking. I use Seattle Sourdough Round Twins and it works perfectly.
- 2 hoagie rolls, sturdy bread that doesn't flatten easily
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 jalapenos, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, julienne
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 (8 ounce) catfish fillets, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, freshly cut up
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut rolls 2/3 through, leaving a "hinge.".
- Dig out bread from the crust, leaving 1/2 inch or so shell.
- In large skillet in 1 tablespoon oil, sauté garlic, jalapeño, red bell pepper strips, onion, tomato paste, crushed red pepper flakes and lime juice.
- Sauté for 3 minutes, then add 1 cup water and basil.
- Gently add room temperature fillets to the pan, pushing aside veggies. With pastry brush, brush liquid over fillets.
- Remove pan from stove top and place in oven under broiler and broil 8 minutes.
- Spoon some veggie mixture into bread shell, place fish fillet over, add more veggies, close and serve.