Recipe by Timothy H.
Carlyle Lake is the largest man-made lake within Illinois with more than 26,000 acres of water and 11,000 acres of land. It is located just 50 miles east of St. Louis, Missouri. Carlyle Lake offers tremendous recreational opportunities. Regardless of your tastes, Carlyle Lake has something for you.
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 4 cups peeled and chopped fresh tomatoes
- ground red pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 2 cups Burgundy wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 (5 -8 ounce) catfish fillets, lightly seasoned with salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place onions and parsley in oil and sauté 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and then the rest of the ingredients except catfish fillets. Cook until the onions are translucent, about 10 minutes. On medium-hot grill place fillets, skin side up, for 3 minutes. Turn and cook 2 minutes more. Place in aluminum foil and place on grill-safe pan on grill and top with sauce. Close top on grill and cook 10 minutes.