1/1 Photo of Castilian Garlic Soup - Sopa De Ajo
This is one of the finest garlic soups I've tasted. It is from Jose Andres.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (preferably Spanish)
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1/2 tablespoon spanish sweet paprika
- 3 ounces rustic white bread, crust removed and torn into small pieces
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add the garlic and saute until golden brown, about 1 minute. Add the wine and cook until the alcohol evaporates, about 30 seconds. Add the Spanish sweet paprika and saute for 1 minute.
- 3Add the bread and pour in the chicken stock. Stir together and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 8 minutes.
- 4Add the eggs and stir with a spatula to fold them into the soup. The eggs will form long strands, almost like noodles. Simmer for 2 minutes and add salt to taste. Sprinkle parsley and serve.
Browse Our Top Spanish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Castilian Garlic Soup - Sopa De Ajo
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 283.5
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 100.2 mg
- Sodium 489.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 11.2 g