Recipe by Krystal-Belle
The first time I had these was when I went to Jamaica in 2003 and they were so good that I bought more to bring back to America with me and make at home for my family. So easy to make too! I would serve this with a coconut curry gravy or with whatever kind of brown gravy you like.
- 4 cassava (patties)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 4 ounces coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 cup salt cod fish, soaked
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Start out by soaking the piece of fish for a few hours (at least 2 hours) until it flakes apart.
- In a shallow dish, pour 1 cup of milk and 1 cup of coconut milk into the dish. Soak the cassava patties in the dish until coated.
- Pour oil into the botom of a shallow pan and cook cassava patties over medium heat for about 1 minute on each side (until they are golden, but not brown).
- Put all ingredients into a pot and bring to a boil. Watch very carefully so milk does not boil over. Oce milk begins to boil, bring the heat down to low and let simmer.
- Stir in flour and mix for about 1 minute. Turn off stove, pour gravy over cassava, and go to tropical paradise!