Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is great on pizza's and nachos you can bake or grill it, and you can freeze it for when you need it. I found it on the internet but do not remember where.
- 2⁄3 cup cashews or 2⁄3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 red capsicum (bell pepper)
- 1⁄4 red onion
- 1⁄4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a blender except water and blend until creamy
- Add water until you get the consistency you want. thicker works well on nachos and runny works better on pizzas we drizzle it over the top.
- Bake / grill till the cheese browns.
- This cheese can be toasted on sandwiches / burrito's, nacho's, lasagnes, pizza's and anything else that has cooked cheese.
- I blend mine without the water and freeze it in 100ml lots. Then when I defrost it I add the water to get the consistency I want.