Recipe by dicentra
This is from 365 Ways to Cook Vegetarian. Wouldn’t it be fun to do a theme night and rent Casablanca, make Moroccan Chicken, rice pilaf and these carrots?
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 12 black olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add carrots, cover and cook, stirring once or twice until tender, 10-15 minutes. Reduce heat if carrots begin to brown.
- Reduce heat to low. Add garlic, cumin, paprika, cinnamon, salt, and lemon juice. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally to blend, 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer carrots to a serving bowl and sprinkle with olives and parsley.