Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Recipe source: Bon Appetit (March 1985)
- Using a food processor and the slicing blade, slice carrots.
- Using a steamer, put water in bottom of steamer and bring water to a boil.
- Add carrots to steamer rack, cover and cook until crisp-tender (***carrots can be prepared 2 days ahead, covered and refrigerated***).
- In a skillet, melt butter over low heat.
- Add cheese and cook until cheese melts, stirring constantly.
- Stir in carrots, salt and pepper, cooking until heated through, stirring frequently.
Interesting combination. I like carrots and love gorgonzola, but I'm not sure I like them together. I think the carrots are too sweet for the richness of the gorgonzola. A blander vegetable or potato, pasta or rice is a better base for this cheese in my opinion. This is a simple side dish.